Thursday, September 06, 2012

Borneo 1834

Resinous chocolate milk filled with oozing caramel, on a pretense of being bittersweet… Only saving point is its dusty cocoa powdery note, and an underlying masculine-oriented notes of tobacco and some synthetic musks.

Here is the thing with evolving taste and being exposed to so much more: it takes away from the pleasure that “beginner’s luck” brings. I remember liking Borneo a lot and finding more patchouli in it when I first smelled it. It was this unabashed, shamelessly patchouli scent. But now it feels as if there is not enough patchouli in it….

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 06, 2012 4:15 PM, Blogger melou said...

So pleased to see a mini review of a SL fragrance. I have very limited experience with his line. Sampled Tuberose Criminelle (love) and Iris Silver Mist (not love). Do you have a favorite from his line? Or can recommend a scent for a lady with a dark personality who loves amber/orientals?

 
At September 06, 2012 4:26 PM, Blogger melou said...

Oh and how could I forget Musc Koublai Khan?! Another love! :)

 
At September 28, 2012 9:31 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Hehe - I don't think I can write any more than this on Borneo 1834. It's pretty straight forward... I liked Tubereuse Criminelle, but found the drydown identical to Fleur d'Oranger (which I love more and had first). So I found not point in getting a bottle of it when I was in Paris... Musc Koublai Khan is lovely, albeit hardly wearable IMHO. Aside from Fleur d'Oranger (the only one I actually own a bottle of) I love Arabie and also enjoyed Fumerie Turque. I find most of the line excessive - too much amber, too much heaviness, too much sweetness, lovely and enjoyable and intriguing to smell - yet all around not that wearable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home