Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Early Beginnings

Perfumer's Garden - Mountain Path

Do not mistake my lack of posting for lack of action. It's been quite the opposite - the most action-packed few months of my life. Here is what I've accomplished - to put your minds at ease and satisfy any curiosity that might have remained among those of you who haven't given up on SmellyBlog yet:

- Designed, planned agonized over and built a new Perfume studio, Pilates studio - and renovated my old home) while making new friends with the builders and architects involved
- Lived in a yurt for 4 months (November through March) while I was at it - and also found myself adopting a cat of all creatures (not intentional, but seems to work out)
- Transitioned my daughter into a Hebrew-speaking high school for another two years of education
- Moved from the yurt to the house
- Adopted a rescued female Doberman (that was a dream come true)
- Taught two Perfumery Courses back to back: Fougere and Orientals (while meeting with Dan Riegler - a Canadian- Israeli from Ontario who gifted me with the most incredible incense resins imaginable - more on that in a separate post
- Became auntie to one more niece and nephew (that was quite effortless!)
- Continue to try and establish my perfumery studio (and Pilates studio) in the new surroundings
- Try my best to be with my grandma, who's 93 years young and had a heart event about a month ago. Every moment with her is so pure and precious.
- Planning and beginning to plant my Perfumer's Botanical Garden, which is truly taking much of my time and is the main reason I haven't been blogging. The photo above is from the section of it that is on the mountain and is dedicated to fragrant Mediterranean plans and medicine herbs.

I spend very little time around the computer (after months of wifi & electricity-free yurt life and bad battery in my laptop - old habits have been broken to little shreds and I only post quick updates via my phone on my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts)
Hopefully I've gotten to the point when I'm settled down to return to regular blogging - as demanding as life has been all these months, I know deep in my heart that it does do me good to write regularly. It's not just a fragrance/perfumery blog, but also functions as a personal journal to me.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At June 07, 2017 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Ayala!!

 
At June 07, 2017 7:49 AM, Blogger Mercurygirl said...

It's great to see you posting again, Ayala, and I'm glad you're feeling a bit more settled in your new home and work space. What a tumultuous few months!

I wish your grandmother the best of health and hope you get to spend many more happy hours together.

 
At June 08, 2017 12:58 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Thank you, Dan!
Being home is a good feeling.

 
At June 08, 2017 1:00 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Thank you, Nancy!
This has been quite the ride. Glad to see it to its end. Thank you for your well wishes for my grandmother. She is one of the main reasons I've come back here.

 
At June 12, 2017 11:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoyed your blog greatly. I, too, grow many of my own herbs and specialize in high water content herbs and flowers such as Melissa, Helichrysum, Comfrey, cranberry, oak moss, rose, some jasmine extracts, and many more. Rose is my best oil but the oak moss oil is divine when it reaches a certain age. I make aged infused oils that set a minimum of one year before opening. I have been growing and making aged infused oils for over 25 years. It took me 13 1/2 years to get my rose oil down. You use these oils for perfumery. I use them by the drop as I would and essential oil in perfumes and other formulas along with a regular base carrier oil and essential oils if I need them. I do sell wholesale to many parfumers and other aromatherapists. I look forward to chatting with you over messenger.
Good luck with your garden. If this is your first year remember rule of thumb taught to me by another gardener don't overwater because many of the Mediterranean plants don't like too much water and also remember to talk to them because they love being talked or sung too.
Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home